Time at Home







Ways to Contact Me

  • Skype: kalzebeta
  • Yahoo Messenger: kalzebeta

Yoga Party!

Yoga Party!
Check this out!

Blog Archive

Friday, April 27, 2007

Thoughts about Marriage

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am Mormon. I was born, raised, and decided of my own free will that I believe in this faith. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that he died for me. I know that, even though there are many good people on the earth with many good and righteous ideas, there is ONE complete gospel of Jesus Christ, meaning there can only be one completely true church. I know that this the gospel was restored to the earth in the latter days by the Prophet Joseph Smith. I have the full and complete gospel, and it is true.

The gospel teaches us who we are, and the plan God has for our lives here on earth. From the scriptures, I can learn what I need to do in order to return to Him someday. I need to have faith in Jesus Christ, keep the commandments which have been given to us by all of the prophets including those of our modern days, and I need to continually pray and repent.

I want to marry for love, but love is not enough. When I put my hands together, the space all the way to the left from infinity onwards is the premortal existence, and the space all the way from to the right from infinity onwards is the life after I die, but the space between them is the time here on earth. What I do in this life will determine what I will be able to do in the life to come. Marriage for love is just not good enough.

I have to be able to marry somebody who can be with me in the eternities. I have to be sealed to my husband for time and all eternity, which is an ordinance that can only take place inside the Holy Temple. I can't marry somebody just because I love them; it would be better for me to never marry anybody than to marry somebody outside the temple.

Besides that, the man who I marry will be the father of my children. I want to raise my children the way my parents raised me, knowing about Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon, and the Restored Gospel. If I were to marry outside of my faith, religion would always be a conflict in my home. It is not only something I do not desire, but something that is just completely intolerable for me. Imagine always being against the one person who is supposed to be my supporter, my protector, and my friend? It cannot be.

I don't know what the plan for me is with Arabic. I don't know why I study it, why it interests me, or how it will help me in my future life. I do know that I am not here to find a husband, especially one outside of my faith.

I have a testimony of eternal marriage. I'm not exactly sure why I felt so strongly about writing this - maybe mixed feelings about dating somebody outside my faith, maybe mostly because this feeling is new and important to me. I mean, it's one thing to always be raised with these ideas, and quite another to KNOW them for myself.

1 comment:

Miranda W. said...

Go you. I'm two weeks away from my eternal marriage. I always knew these things were important. They've always been important to me, but now that I'm seriously preparing for my endowments and sealing, I understand the weight and importance a bit more on this matter. It is more important than anything on this earth. Who you choose affects everything. And if you work hard, you can create an eternal family. That is God's entire goal for us- to create eternal families here on earth and even after. Could there be anything of more importance. It's amazing the peace I feel with this decision. It's been hard to make, but not hard to follow through after I talked with God a while. He has told me clearly this is good. I wish this on everyone. I can not wait to go to the Temple. Don't compromise it for anyone. It may break your heart, but don't marry outside those sacred walls. There is nothing more important for you to do.