Time at Home







Ways to Contact Me

  • Skype: kalzebeta
  • Yahoo Messenger: kalzebeta

Yoga Party!

Yoga Party!
Check this out!

Blog Archive

Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Lost Weight

I don't know how much weight I lost in Jordan.

I say 4 kilos (like 8 pounds), but that's more like a rough estimate not really based in facts.

When I was in Jordan last year, on Fezzah's scale (I lived with a crazy old widow, and one day she felt like getting her scale out and weighing me and my roommate Rachel) I weighed 64-65 kilos. That would make sense, because for the last four years, I have been exactly 143 pounds, not more, not less. 143 pounds is 65 kilos.

I hate talking about these things because they are sensitive in my family. This is really important, though.

When I weighed myself on Sister Dew's scale before coming home, I weighed 61-62 kilos, which is like 134 pounds. If that information is correct, I lost something like 4 kilos, or 8 pounds.

My dad said I looked good. That is code word in our house for, "You lost weight!" Weird to be hearing those words from him.

Later on, Trevor ended up calling me. It was good to be able to talk to another human being after being surrounded by aliens for the whole day. Somehow the fact that I lost 8ish pounds came up in our conversation, and he said something like, "Yeah, I noticed when I picked you up at the airport. I wasn't going to say anything, because I didn't think it was that important." Man, that made me feel so good. Because it's not important. It's not like I was fat before, and it's not like I'm skinny now, and even if I were, those things are totally superficial.

No comments: