Time at Home







Ways to Contact Me

  • Skype: kalzebeta
  • Yahoo Messenger: kalzebeta

Yoga Party!

Yoga Party!
Check this out!

Blog Archive

Monday, June 11, 2007

Jet Lag

I woke up, looked at the clock. It said 6:30. I was like, "Oh okay, maybe This American Life will be on soon...what time does it come on?" Went upstairs and my mom was like, "Are you hungry?"

"No...haven't really been asleep that long."
"Yeah, not that long, only like 14 hours..."
"What?"
"You must have a really good bladder, you didn't get up once to go to the bathroom."
"Um, okay."
"You'll appreciate that comment more when you get older."

"What, it's morning?"
She laughed and pointed to her bathrobe.
"Yeah, Kate!"
"Um...okay...what?"

My dad waltzed in the room and started singing something. He got his lunch out of the fridge and then started saying how he thought they had plums in the middle east, which is why he bought plums, so I can feel "at home" and do I want any?

I didn't really know how to respond. I guess they'd have plums if they could afford them?

Didn't say anything, but then asked again, "Um, is it really morning or are you all just kidding?"
"No, no, it's really morning!"
Laughed.

Weird.

1 comment:

Joe Vasicek said...

You know that you can get This American Life via podcast, don't you? The xml feed is: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/podcast.xml